● You can make a gift that costs you nothing during your lifetime
● You can make a gift that leaves your cash flow and current financial planning unchanged
● You don't have to use cash to make your gift; you can "buy low and give high" by making your gift with appreciated securities
●You can give an asset you no longer need or want
GIFTS FROM YOUR WILL OR TRUST
Need to preserve your assets during your lifetime? You can plan a gift to us that will only take effect after your other obligations have ceased.
● Include a bequest to CASA in your will or trust
● Make your bequest unrestricted or direct it to a specific purpose
● Indicate a specific amount or a percentage of the balance remaining in your estate or trust
GIFTS FROM A RETIREMENT PLAN
Give us assets subject to double taxation, then leave more to your family.
● Name CASA as a beneficiary of your IRA, 401(k), or other qualified plan
● Designate us to receive all or a portion of the balance of your plan
● The balance in your plan passes to CASA after your death
GIFTS OF STOCK AND APPRECIATED ASSETS
Here is how to take advantage of appreciated securities without incurring
capital gains tax.
● You transfer appreciated stocks, bonds, or mutual fund share you have owned
for more than one year to CASA
● CASA sells your securities and uses the proceeds for its programs
Did you know there are ways to support CASA of Polk County, Inc. that will not affect your current lifestyle or your family security? You can support CASA with gifts that do not impact the way you live by designating CASA of Polk County, Inc. to receive estate assets in the future.
leave a lasting legacy
CASA of Polk County, Inc. is funded by individuals, foundations, local and state government funds, grants, and community donations.
For more information on how to designate CASA of Polk County, Inc. as your beneficiary contact:
Katey Axtell at (503) 623-8473 or
GIFTS OF LIFE INSURANCE
You don't need a large estate to make a significant gift to us.
● You transfer ownership of a paid-up life insurance policy to CASA
● CASA elects to cash in the policy now or hold it.